2007 MDX Used car buy or no buy

Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 MDX Used car buy or no buy

I'm looking for buying my car and i come across this 2007 Acura MDX w/ Technology & Entertainment package from a chevy dealer.
Yesterday i test drive it, i'm not an expert of automobiles but i didnt find any issues driving it. Felt so good in this car.
Only problem i have seen is that, Backup camera is very slow, i need to wait ~1minute after starting it so that it can connect the acuralink nav system.
My wife noticed couple dings and scratches on passenger side.
I think 10yrs of ride had the Driver seat leather worn out.
Sales man said it has Timing chain but i wasnt believing him, so quick online search shows, it does have the Timing belt.
Now, i scheduled an appointment with Honest 1 auto care near my place for tomorrow, to see if they can find out anything.
Dealer listing prices is 11k.
Do you think its a bargain ? i do see that its less than KBB (thats also causing my eyebrows to raise, is there any potential issues, why the dealer is trying to get rid off it at low price.

Can you folks suggest any thing that i need to be extra cautious and have more vigilant of?
Based on the inspection, do you think if i negotiate taxes (~1k) on the dealer (am i too greedy?? ) I just lost more than 8k as my nissan rogue totaled after 2.5yrs of ownership. So i'm trying to be frugal.
Thanks in advance for your time and guidance.
Specs:
145k miles
Single owner
Carfax shows no accidents. (based on its report, the car is garaged in almost all 10years in the same state)
Auto Check no accidents.
3rd row
Video package and all other regulars.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 1,015 Likes on 866 Posts
Its a good price! specially since is under the KBB.
If you can negotiate lowering the price so it can absorb the timing belt change? you will have a nice deal... Try to lower 1-1.5K and call it a day!

Just for Reference, I got mine (Tech + RES) with 72K, Single Owner, Wheel Fenders, Sport Running boards, Weather Mats for 9.5K Dealership was asking 11K. but I got it lower because it needed a Steering End Link (You could notice the bump in the steering) and Timing Belt..
Old 01-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Blackbook shows clean condition trade-in value of $10,515 and an average condition trade-in value of $8,590.

It seems to be a fair deal.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for the responses... it helps regarding the fair price. But i'm wondering if there is anything i need to be more vigilant off??
It seems, they rescheduled my appointment to 1/26...

Originally Posted by Skirmich
Its a good price!
Just for Reference, I got mine (Tech + RES) with 72K, Single Owner, Wheel Fenders, Sport Running boards, Weather Mats for 9.5K Dealership was asking 11K. but I got it lower because it needed a Steering End Link (You could notice the bump in the steering) and Timing Belt..
Thanks and how did you identify that it needs a timing belt? is it through your inspection or shop inspection or something else?? And do you mind to share which year was it?

Originally Posted by Carpayment4life
It seems to be a fair deal.
Thanks and can you let me know if i need to look for anything specifically??
Old 01-25-2017, 04:35 PM

Received 1,015 Likes on 866 Posts
Same as yours a 2007.
It needed a timing belt just because there wasn´t any records of it being changed... Being a 2007 it needed the change because of Age.
Timing Belt service called the "105K" is every 105K miles or 7 years as Rubber dries up and could be an issue.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:30 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for all your suggestions. I took it @ 11100 USD out the door price. i still need to do replace the timing belt as the records dont say if its changed or not changed @105k miles.

Search this Thread